Laboratory Work實驗室工作
聆聽課程
0:00
0:00
#1
Good morning, Hana. Welcome to the university's chemistry laboratory for your summer programme.
早安,Hana。歡迎來到大學的化學實驗室參加妳的夏季課程。
#2
Good morning, Professor James! I've been looking forward to this for weeks.
早安,詹姆斯教授!我已經期待這件事好幾週了。
#3
I'm glad to hear that. Before we begin any experiment, we must discuss safety procedures.
我很高興聽到你這麼說。在我們開始任何實驗之前,我們必須討論安全程序。
#4
That makes sense. My school lab has strict rules too, but I imagine yours are even stricter.
這很有道理。我學校的實驗室也有嚴格的規定,但我猜想你們的規定甚至更嚴格。
#5
First, always wear your safety goggles and lab coat when handling chemicals or heated equipment.
首先,在處理化學品或加熱設備時,請務必佩戴護目鏡並穿上實驗袍。
#6
Got it. What about gloves? I've seen scientists wearing them in YouTube videos.
明白了。那手套呢?我曾在 YouTube 影片中看過科學家戴著它們。
#7
Good observation. Gloves are required whenever you handle corrosive or toxic substances directly.
觀察得好。每當你直接處理腐蝕性或有毒物質時,都必須戴上手套。
#8
Should I also tie my hair back? I read that loose hair can be a hazard near flames.
我也應該把頭髮紮起來嗎?我讀到過披散的頭髮在火焰附近可能會有危險。
#9
Absolutely. Now, let me explain today's experiment. We will test how temperature affects reaction speed.
正是如此。現在,讓我解釋今天的實驗。我們將測試溫度如何影響反應速度。
#10
Oh, cool! So what's our hypothesis? That higher temperatures make reactions faster?
喔,太酷了!所以我們的假設是什麼?是較高的溫度會讓反應變快嗎?
#11
Precisely. Our hypothesis states that increasing temperature will accelerate the rate of reaction.
正是如此。我們的假設指出,增加溫度會加速反應速率。
#12
I learned about this in class, but I've never actually tested it with real equipment before.
我在課堂上學過這個,但我以前從未真正用真實的設備測試過它。
#13
That's exactly why hands-on experience matters. Now, let me show you the equipment we'll be using.
這正是為什麼動手實踐的經驗如此重要。現在,讓我向你展示我們將要使用的設備。
#14
Is that a Bunsen burner? I've only ever used electric hot plates at school.
那是本生燈嗎?我以前在學校只用過電熱板。
#15
Yes, it is. You'll also need beakers, a thermometer, a stopwatch, and the chemical solution.
是的,它是。你還會需要燒杯、溫度計、秒錶和化學溶液。
#16
Should I measure the solution first, or should I set up the burner and wait for instructions?
我應該先測量溶液,還是應該架設燃燒器並等待指示?
#17
Excellent question. First, measure fifty millilitres of solution into each of the three beakers.
問得好。首先,將五十毫升的溶液分別倒入這三個燒杯中。
#18
Done! I've measured the solution into all three beakers. What temperature should each one be?
完成了!我已經把溶液量好並倒入這三個燒杯中了。每一個燒杯應該要是什麼溫度?
#19
Heat the first beaker to thirty degrees, the second to fifty, and the third to seventy.
將第一個燒杯加熱到三十度,第二個加熱到五十度,第三個加熱到七十度。
#20
The reaction in the hottest beaker is happening so much faster! This is amazing to watch.
最熱燒杯中的反應發生得快多了!這看著真令人驚訝。
#21
Wonderful. Now record the result for each beaker, including the exact time each reaction took.
太棒了。現在記錄每個燒杯的結果,包括每次反應所花費的確切時間。
#22
So our hypothesis was confirmed by the results. Higher temperatures really do speed up reactions!
所以我們的假設被結果證實了。較高的溫度確實會加快反應速度!
#23
Well done, Hana. Having completed your first proper experiment, you should feel quite proud of yourself.
做得好,Hana。完成了妳的第一個正式實驗,妳應該為自己感到相當自豪。