Laboratory Work實驗室工作
聆聽課程
0:00
0:00
#1
Good morning, Hana. Welcome to the undergraduate chemistry laboratory for the first time.
早安,Hana。歡迎第一次來到大學部化學實驗室。
#2
Good morning, Professor. I have to admit, I'm both thrilled and slightly intimidated by all this equipment.
教授早安。我必須承認,看到這些設備,我既感到興奮又有些畏縮。
#3
That's a perfectly natural reaction. Were you to neglect the inherent risks here, I'd be more concerned.
那是完全正常的反應。如果你忽視了這裡固有的風險,我反而會更擔心。
#4
Fair point. So, where do we begin today?
有道理。那麼,我們今天從哪裡開始呢?
#5
First and foremost, let me outline the safety protocols that govern everything we do here.
首先,讓我概述一下規範我們這裡所有行為的安全協定。
#6
I read the handbook online, but I suppose hands-on guidance is indispensable.
我已經在網上讀過手冊了,但我認為實際的指導是不可或缺的。
#7
Precisely. Under no circumstances should you handle chemicals without wearing protective goggles and gloves.
正是如此。在任何情況下,你都不應在未佩戴防護護目鏡和手套的情況下處理化學品。
#8
Got it. What about the fume hood? I've seen those in YouTube videos but never used one.
明白了。那排煙櫃呢?我在 YouTube 影片上看過那些,但從未使用過。
#9
The fume hood extracts toxic vapours so that you aren't exposed to harmful substances.
排煙櫃會抽出有毒蒸氣,好讓你不會暴露在有害物質中。
#10
That makes sense. Now, what experiment are we conducting today, if I may ask?
那很有道理。那麼,如果可以請問的話,我們今天要進行什麼實驗呢?
#11
We'll be testing a hypothesis about the reaction rate between zinc and hydrochloric acid.
我們將測試一個關於鋅與鹽酸之間反應速率的假設。
#12
Interesting! I actually debated reaction kinetics with my chemistry teacher last week.
太有趣了!我上週其實才跟我的化學老師辯論過反應動力學。
#13
Excellent. Now, set up the equipment precisely as indicated in the procedure sheet on your bench.
太好了。現在,請精確地按照你實驗桌上程序單中的指示來組裝設備。
#14
Let me check — a conical flask, a measuring cylinder, a stopwatch, and a thermometer. Is that everything?
讓我檢查一下——一個圓底燒瓶、一個量筒、一個秒錶和一支溫度計。就這些了嗎?
#15
Indeed. Should you notice any irregularities during the experiment, record them immediately in your logbook.
的確。如果在實驗過程中發現任何異常情況,請立即記錄在你的實驗日誌中。
#16
Will do. I'll also take photos for my lab report, provided that's permitted.
我會照做的。我也會為我的實驗報告拍照,前提是那是被允許的。
#17
By all means. Now, once you've obtained your result, compare it with the theoretical prediction.
當然可以。現在,一旦你得到了結果,就將其與理論預測進行比較。
#18
What if the result deviates significantly from what we anticipated?
如果結果與我們預期的有顯著偏差該怎麼辦?
#19
Then we investigate the discrepancy. Not only does an unexpected result teach us something, but it also refines our hypothesis.
那麼我們就調查其中的差異。出乎意料的結果不僅能讓我們學到東西,還能完善我們的假設。
#20
That's reassuring. I suppose science is as much about embracing failure as celebrating success.
那真令人寬慰。我想科學與其說是慶祝成功,不如說是擁抱失敗。
#21
Couldn't have put it better myself. Now, let's get started, shall we?
我也沒辦法說得比這更好了。現在,我們開始吧,好嗎?